Connecting to UUNET and setting up DNS

Jayshree Narasimhan jay at house.house.gov
Thu Jun 6 04:19:37 AEST 1991

I would like to set up to obtain News from uunet. Currently we are getting
news on a Sun 3/150. We are running B news ver 2.19. I did not set this up on
the Sun. Somebody who did has left the organization. I would like to
move news from our Sun to a 530 running ver 3005. I updated to 3005 only last
week. If C news is better than B news then may be I would like to try my hands
on setting up C news on the RISC 6000 (530). I would like to get some (a lot may be! :-)) help on doing this correctly. I have sort of read the USENET Nutshell
book but I don't find everything in that very clear. If somebody who has
done this before can email the steps to be followed to set up everything
properly, it will be greatly appreciated.

I would like to set up DNS on the same system. Do subdomain name resolving work
well in AIX?

Please email your answers. Thanks for all the help and responses in advance.