format on rs6000

Jim Ray jdr at sloth.mlb.semi.harris.com
Fri Jun 21 23:41:18 AEST 1991

Has anyone been able to format a disk on the RS6000 boxes (
specifically the model 540 )?

Is there a way to format while not booted off floppy ( diagnostics )?

We have had problems formatting normal scsi drives on the IBM, and the
support people have not been of much help.

Also, we have several elite drives ( which work great by the way ).
Unfortunately, one of the drives failed ( trying to relocate a bad
block ).

ANY help or info would be of great assistance.

Thanks,

--
Jim Ray                                Harris Semiconductor
Internet:  jdr at semi.harris.com         PO Box 883   MS 62B-022