problem with xterm on RS6000NN

Mark Allender allender at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 26 01:53:29 AEST 1991

Thanks to all those who responded so quickly.

My next question is why the hell is there a problem with this in the first place.
I cannot for the life of me understand what is so damn difficult about getting things
like this to work.  IBM has continually made my life difficult with little problems like
this.  We see constant moaning and bitching in this newsgroup, and sometimes I don't
even think that IBM hears.  Why AIX??????  Why a messed up version of mwm??  (at least
it seems not to do some things on my RS6000's that it does do on other platforms.)
Why can't we put a new X11R4 server on these things?  Why the big problem in getting
a thing like xterm to work properly?

Sigh, sorry about that.  Just wanted to get that off my chest.  Is *ANYONE* at IBM
working on these things, or even listening to what is being said here?

I suppose that it will be in a future OS upgrade, right????

--
-Mark Allender
-University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
-allender at cs.uiuc.edu