Plotting Graphs / Fortran

David Elder stange at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 28 09:01:14 AEST 1991

Hi there!

I am new to the net so I apologize in advance for any errors in etiquette.

I am running AIX 3.1 (3003) on an RS/6000 320 with 32Mb RAM with version 1
of XLF. I also have the CGI toolkit and AIX Personal graPHIGS.

I am looking for FORTRAN callable subroutine libraries or a non-interactive
independent command/script file driven software package for plotting graphs.
The standard functions I am looking for include (but are not limited to):

         Drawing, scaling and labelling axes.
         Titles, legends, and notational text.
         Drawing XY plots with multiple curves on each.
         Contour Plots.
         3D Mesh plots.
         Generate plot files that can be printed to postscript or HPLJII.

         An onscreen plotting capability would be nice but not
         absolutely required.

I  am interested in hearing about shareware and netware (including
where to find it), as well as commercial packages. The plots graphically
represent the output of a simulation program that we run on the RS/6000.
Ultimately, I want the simulation and its output program to run in
an unattended mode overnight and thus I don't want to do any of the
plotting by hand.

Note: PHIGS provides some of the function I need but at a level lower
      than I would prefer.

Please send responses to me (any and all will be appreciated) and
I will summarise the results.

Thanks in advance,

David

--
David Elder                                University of Toronto
pelder at pluto.clsc.utoronto.ca              Institute for Aerospace Studies