replacing sendmail

Geoff Coleman geoff at edm.uucp
Thu Mar 28 06:24:12 AEST 1991

In article <LANGLEY.91Mar25144114 at ds13.scri.fsu.edu> langley at ds13.scri.fsu.edu (Randolph Langley) writes:

>I finally got smail to compile for the ibm rs/6000. Now for the question
>of the moment: Can I blithely install it as /usr/lib/sendmail?
>
>Also having just gone through a horrible nightmare of upgrading these
>beasties recently, will changing this binary cause such contortions at
>the next upgrade?

	I'm assuming that you are using smail 3.1 (which is probably
a baseless assumption). Anyhow I've had smail 3.1 running as sendmail
on my system for some time.

	The only catch on an upgrade is to have it stored somewhere
else so that when there upgrade walks on the sendmail binary that
you have a binary to drop back in.

Geoff Coleman
Unexsys Systems