replacing sendmail

Randolph Langley langley at ds13.scri.fsu.edu
Tue Mar 26 05:41:14 AEST 1991

I finally got smail to compile for the ibm rs/6000. Now for the question
of the moment: Can I blithely install it as /usr/lib/sendmail?

Other, hopefully useless questions: Will all that weird startsrc and
stopsrc and whatever the hell kinda garbage has been foisted onto aix
work? If not, what kind of machinations do I have step through to make
it work? And if it is not possible, then why the hell do they sell it
as a unix compatible machine?

Also having just gone through a horrible nightmare of upgrading these
beasties recently, will changing this binary cause such contortions at
the next upgrade?

rdl