RISC System/6000 FTP sites (was rs/6000 anonymous ftp sites out there?)

Marc Pawliger marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Wed Mar 13 09:25:09 AEST 1991

In article <3630 at d75.UUCP>, woan at nowhere (Ronald S Woan) writes:
|> In article <U714092.91Mar8150825 at mustang.larc.nasa.gov> u714092 at mustang.larc.nasa.gov (prichard devon      ) writes:
|> >I'm in the same boat; I'm looking for stuff like less, tcsh, GNUemacs
|> >and so forth.  I recall the thread that GNUemacs hasn't been fully
|> >ported yet, but maybe microemacs or something is available until then.
|>
|> Ancient history... GNU EMACS 18.57 from prep.ai.mit.edu among other
|> places has full AIX 3.1 dumpable support. less source compiles with no
|> errors if you choose the Sys V in config. tcsh binary to be found on
|> tesla.ee.cornell.edu, I think...

Sorry, tcsh binaries are no longer to be found on tesla due to tcsh being a
derived work from AT&T copywritten csh. (sigh)  You _must_ have an AT&T
source license to have the csh sources necessary to compile tcsh.

+--Marc Pawliger----IBM Advanced Workstations Division----Palo Alto, CA---+
|   Internet: marc at ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com        VNET:    MARCP at AUSVM6  |
|    UUCP:     uunet!ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com!marc  Phone:   (415) 855-3493  |
+-----IBMinet:  marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com----------IBM T/L:  465-3493------+