AIX Display Postscript

Zvika Bar-Deroma AER7101 at TECHNION.BITNET
Wed Mar 6 06:41:43 AEST 1991

In article <2617 at sapwdf.UUCP>, wohler at sapwdf.UUCP (Bill Wohler) says:

>henry at yogi.fhhosp.ab.ca writes:
>
>>I've got an RS/6000 on loan (no manuals), and was wondering how I can use its
>>"display postscript" to preview PS files on the screen.  I'm familiar
>
>henry,
>
>  it's /usr/lpp/DPS/bin/dpsexec.
>
>  from dpsexec prompt, run:
>
>        PS> (~/hand_created_postscript_filename) run

Yes and no - it seems to be the command, but:
     * You can't resize windows
     * You can't even redrawrefresh them
     * You might need to hack the postscript source file to be able to
       use the previewer.
     * Although advertised by IBM in the initial announcements, it's
       not even documented.

This was a great disapointment to me, particularly after seeing how
other p/s previewers perform, particularly DEC's, both on ULTRIX, and
starting in release 5.4, even in VMS !

I hope that IBM fixes this. It really is important. BTW - there maybe
inaccuracies in the above, still, our local IBM support ppl. couldn't
produce/show any better performance than this, and it has been more
than a year since the announcement of the POWER series.

IBM - AWD, and particularly anyone dealing with DPS - are you there ?

/Zvika

Zvika Bar-Deroma                                  Phone: (+972)-4-292706
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering,                 Fax  : (+972)-4-231848
Technion
Haifa 32000
Israel

BITNET        :   AER7101 at TECHNION
INTERNET      :   AER7101%TECHNION.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.EDU
DOMAIN NAMING :   AER7101 at TECHNION.TECHNION.AC.IL