Wierd problem with who and finger...

Craig Macbride s900387 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au
Thu Mar 28 20:57:30 AEST 1991

dbeedle at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Dave Beedle) writes:

>     Hi all.  I've got a strange problem going on with AIX 3003.  When I do
>a who or an Finger I see one user (not the same all the time) who appears
>to have been logged on for 26 (or more) days.  The user is not currently
>logged on and has no processes running.  What is going on?

luxor at latrobe.edu.au has the same problem ... sits there with who showing
about 10 users, all but one or two with ludicrous logged on times, and some
even with the same pty numbers as each other.

Looks like just another shoddy Unix port to me. :-)

--
 _--_|\		Craig Macbride	<uni: s900387 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au>
/      \			<work: craig at bacchus.esa.oz.au>