Wierd problem with who and finger...

Dave Beedle dbeedle at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Tue Mar 26 02:43:17 AEST 1991

     Hi all.  I've got a strange problem going on with AIX 3003.  When I do
a who or an Finger I see one user (not the same all the time) who appears
to have been logged on for 26 (or more) days.  The user is not currently
logged on and has no processes running.  What is going on?  We recently
installed xwindows, pcsim, AIX access, and a compiler or two.

     Anoter question.  Is anyone using AIX access for DOS and/or XONDOS?  I
cannot get either on to work correctly at all.  Even the installation does
not work right!  I have not called "software support" about this yet.  Any
body else had problems with these?

     Last, I just started using Xwindows.  How the heck do I increase the
font size in my windows?  Their so tiny on such a big monitor!

     Thanks for any and all help!

--
  Dave Beedle                                    Office of Academic Computing
                                                    Illinois State University