Wordprocessor for RS/6000?

Ulf Wostner wostner at garnet.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 19 18:43:39 AEST 1991

Our math dept needs a wordprocessor for the RS/6000. It should have
the usual stuff that you find in, say, MS Word, and hopefully better
handling of math formulas.

Has anyone gotten MS Word to work in pcsim (or anything else that uses
VGA, EGA or CGA) ?

FrameMaker provides features we don't really need, but might be OK if
it did not pin large amounts of RAM. We have a finite amount of RAM
(and money), and will have many of our 12 X-stations running
simultaneously with Mathematica and the elusive wordprocessor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will summarize if there is interest.

= Ulf (Olaf) Wostner                  "Never met a deadline I didn't like."
= wostner at garnet.berkeley.edu
= voice 415-848-2343; fax 415-649-7830