Making A request to IBM

Andrew Ernest andrew at ramona.Cary.NC.US
Sun Mar 17 06:00:06 AEST 1991

jona at zonker.iscp.bellcore.com (Jon Alperin) writes:
>     Yes, but how do you ask technical questions? Going through your CE/SE
>to post to IBMLink is long and torturous, and bedsides, its hard to ask
>a complex question without having an ongoing conversation.

I'd like to add to the above.  Customers with SE support are *LUCKY*.
You don't know how bad support is until you've experienced what it is
like to buy through an ordinary "IBM Authorized Advanced Products Dealer".
You don't *get* an 800 number when you buy this way.  You don't *get* a
customer number.  Your only "support" is from the dealer and, as everyone
knows, computer store chains don't pay enough to staff technically competent
people.  I *stupidly* bought AIX PS/2 this way because I didn't know in
advance that I wouldn't get direct support from IBM.  Live and learn.
--
Andrew Ernest <andrew at ramona.Cary.NC.US>