Making A request to IBM

jsalter at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com jsalter at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Fri Mar 15 05:26:59 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar14.031806.3002 at appmag.com> pa at appmag.com (Pierre Asselin) writes:
>Don't believe everything you read [ 1/2 :-) ].  The two numbers I have are
>  800-237-5511  IBM Software Defect Support
>  800-426-7378  IBM Hardware Defect Support
>The first is for bug reports, the second is for replacement parts.

I believe you still need your IBM support id number; these are not
general info-type phone numbers.  Probably Rudy C. or one of the
support folks can explain this more fully...

>>DOCUMENTATION: If you're confused by how to do something you're probably not
>>the only one, call it in;
>>USABILITY: if you can't use something, or it doesn't work as documented,
>>call it in;
>>ERROR MESSAGES: if the error message is more confusing than the error,
>>call it in;
>>PERFORMANCE: if the same thing works 5 times faster on a Sun 3/50,
>>CALL IT IN! :-)
>Software Defect Support is *not* the place to call.  They handle specific
>bugs, not across-the-board disasters like these.

Well, if "across-the-board disasters" aren't "bugs" then I don't know
what is?

>Pierre Asselin, R&D, Applied Magnetics Corp.  I speak for me.
>3003jalp at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu     (soon pa at appmag.com)

jim/jsalter  IBM PSP, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427  VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: jsalter at slo.awdpa.ibm.com         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
  PS/2 it, or DIE!  :-)  The ramblings above have nothing to do with Big Blue.