NASA Panel Library for RS/6000

Steve Lamont slamont at network.ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 18 11:13:35 AEST 1991

In article <4973 at network.ucsd.edu> slamont at network.ucsd.edu (Steve Lamont) writes:
>Has anyone successfully built the NASA Ames Panel Library on the RS/6000?  I
>keep getting unresolved external references (pnl_dopanel, pnl_mkpanel, and a
>number of others), even though nm shows that they're in libpanel.a.

The large flat spot on my forehead is the result of beating it against the
wall... for being so dumb!!!  I've managed to build the Panel Library and most
of the demos, finally.  It turns out that I had inadvertently declared

#define _GL_PORT_C_ 1

in more than one place, causing several of the dummy GL routines to be
compiled more than once.  Removing the extraneous #defines made it compile
like a dream (well, it depends on what sort of dreams you normally have...).

The message from the loader, however, was *not* helpful in ferreting this
problem out.  It pointed me in *entirely* the wrong direction.

>On a related note, has anyone successfully built KHOROS?

Still wondering about this, though...

							spl (the p stands for
							Pain-el library, is
							more like it...)
--
Steve Lamont, SciViGuy -- (408) 646-2752 -- a guest at network.ucsd.edu --
NPS Confuser Center / Code 51 / Naval Postgraduate School / Monterey, CA 93943