Volume groups problem...

uunet!bria!mike uunet!bria!mike
Fri Mar 1 18:23:05 AEST 1991

In an article, ux1.cts.eiu.edu!dbeedle (Dave Beedle) writes:
>Anyway, I've still got one problem with the volume group.  When I boot
>I get measseges saying :  lvaryon: the volume group cannot be varied on
>because there are no good copies of the descripter area.  This message
>results when I do a varyonvg rootvg.  Other messages I get while in smit:
>getlvodm:  Unable to find device if <numbers> in the Device Configuration
>Database.

Sounds like a reinstallation opportunity to me.  Have you been walking
disks between machines, perchance?

Failing that ...

Switch it to service and run diags (the ``advanced'' set) on the system.
It could be that you have a problem with the NVRAM or the adapter.  If it
fails diags, (I imagine that it will) give IBM hardware a jingle.

--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc., Los Angeles| Opinions stated are not even my own.
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike