BASH and GCC

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at dk.oracle.com
Wed Mar 6 01:13:46 AEST 1991

And in article <2547 at sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> john at chook.ua.oz
(John Warburton) wrote:

|Well that is rather amusing in its own right. We have been told (in Australia)
|that the optimiser for the compiler does not work (hence the OS is not optimised
|code), so the beauty of gcc is made even better as it would most probably
|be the only optimising compiler for the RS6000.
That ceased to be true around summer (Northern Hemisphere) last year.  Today,
the C compiler and optimizer has very few bugs left.  We found a few ourselves
that have been fixed by now (3003 update).  Personally, I believe that gcc will
never beat xlc, but having some results will of course be very wellcome.
--
Bjorn Engsig, ORACLE Corporation, E-mail: bengsig at oracle.com, bengsig at oracle.nl