Sytem Rescource Controller Problem

Charlie McGuire mcguire at math.uiowa.edu
Thu Mar 7 05:21:50 AEST 1991

In article <carl.668146781 at probitas>, carl at probitas.cs.utas.edu.au (Carl
Lewis) writes:

|> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
|> 0513-053 The System Resource Controller is experiencing problems with its
|> socket communications.
|> If you specified a foreign host, try configuring Internet sockets and
|> try your command again, otherwise contact System Administration.
|> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>
|> We seem to get this error from the System Resource Controller
|> periodically. So far a re-boot is the onlyway we've found to clear
|> it. Does any one know of a better way ? (1/2 :-)
|>
|> Yes I have read the manual(s) again and again and again .....
I too have had this happen periodically. I turned in a problem report and
have had one followup call from Austin. Since it's not something I've been
able to reproduce on demand (Austin hasn't either), it will probably be
some time before an answer is forthcoming.

Re-booting is the only way I know of to fix it.

* Charlie McGuire                    | INTERNET: mcguire at math.uiowa.edu   *
* Systems Programmer                 |           mcguire at cs.uiowa.edu     *
* Computer Science Dept.             |                                    *
* The University of Iowa             |    PHONE: (319) 335-2730           *