REMOTEHOST

Dave Close davec at shared.uucp
Mon Mar 25 13:35:49 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar21.140213.8928 at nrcnet0.nrc.ca> ng at cfd.di.nrc.ca writes:

>The who command would work only in a few cases. It fails if you have login'ed
>more than once from more than 1 place; or as you suggested the remote host
>name is long. On top of that 'who' has a bug, which I hope it is fixed in
>3003, that it still lists, quite often, users who have logoff'ed.

'who' also doesn't work if the user is logged-in via rexec or rsh.

Re logged-out users, the utmpcln program posted a while ago seems to run fine
on AIX.  Sorry, I forget which group had the posting.
--
       	Dave Close         Shared Financial Systems          Dallas
        	davec at shared.com       vmail +1 214 458 3850