huge memory allocation

Ronald S Woan woan at nowhere
Sat Mar 9 04:44:53 AEST 1991

In article <18016 at milton.u.washington.edu> dona at pooky.ee.washington.edu (Don Allen) writes:
>I am trying to run an application process which requires an allocation
>of about 150M of memory, but am unable to do so.  The largest amount
>of memory I have been able to get a single process to successfully
>acquire (using calloc or malloc, with either one or multiple calls)
>is about 33M; any larger request has NULL returned.

Have you checked out the MAX sizes in the User Charcteristics menu of
SMIT to see if you how much you are allowed to allocate?

At one time, I remember hearing that it defaulted to 32MB or something
like that...

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +