MS-DOS

Jerry Heyman jerry at heyman.austin.ibm.com
Sat Mar 2 06:17:19 AEST 1991

In my previous article, I said:

>Depends on what the application is.  If its a heavy duty number cruncher, then
>the performance has been quoted at a 16Mhz 80386 (read in one of the trade
>magazines).  If your application is VGA, then the performance is along the

This should read if your application makes extensive use of the VGA display
hardware, then you will note a drop off in performance.  Heavy duty graphics
programs will obviously run slower as the software is emulating everything
that is on the VGA hardware cards.

>lines of a 12Mhz 80286.  The difference is that all the display hardware that
>you get when you buy a VGA card is being emulated in software.

jerry
Jerry Heyman                         IBM T-R: jerry at heyman.austin.ibm.com
PSP Development Environment Tools    VNET   : HEYMAN at AUSVMQ
Austin, TX  78758                    T/L    : 793-3962
*** All opinions expressed are exactly that - my opinions and NOT IBM's