Info memory fault error

attwool at exocet.enet.dec.com attwool at exocet.enet.dec.com
Fri Mar 15 02:02:44 AEST 1991

  Has anyone had any problems with the Info Explorer program dying out with a
memory
 fault.
  I've also noticed that it dies when selecting a particular command from the
command
 tables list. E.G xinit.

 In one instance I selected the command 'info'  and program hung and just
consumed
 loadsa CPU.

 Is this a known problem (I'd  hope not, otherwise IBM have problems) or should
I go back to
 my supplier ?

 Anyway heres my problem report.

Problem: Memory fault in /usr/bin/info

   Program: /usr/bin/info
   Symptom: garbage on the screen of normal terminal and error messages from
            application, resulting in session hang.
   Interface: Terminal.

   Example:
            Just typing 'info' at the command prompt, the screen will clear
          and then start to put up what looks like a menu. Then characters
          will start to be placed a odd positions on the screen.
           Once the screen has stop updating hit the 'Return' key twice
         then the following message will displayed on the screen.

           /usr/bin/info: 10435 Memory fault: a Memory image file has been ...

          The session is now hung.

   Interface: Motif.
            Following the same path of options the info windows disappear at
          the same position of the fault.