TCP/IP and AIX1.1

Martin Wendel martin at udac.uu.se
Wed Mar 13 01:44:29 AEST 1991

I've just installed AIX1.1, including the TCP/IP distribution,
on a IBM PS/2-70. After fixing the correct netmask (255.255.252.0,
don't know if the machine can handle subnetting) I powered it up
and watched, with etherfind, what would happen.
Well, it seems to handle subnetting, but it seems to try to talk some
strange protocol, unknown to me, sending udp packets from port 127
(LOCUS-CON) to the broadcast address port 125 (LOCUS-MAP).

Does anyone know what this is?

--
E-mail:Martin.Wendel at UDAC.UU.SE ; Snail-Mail: UDAC
       Domainmaster at UU.SE                     Martin Wendel