TCP/IP and AIX1.1

Pete Resnick resnick at cogsci.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 14 13:04:21 AEST 1991

martin at udac.uu.se (Martin Wendel) writes:

>Well, it seems to handle subnetting, but it seems to try to talk some
>strange protocol, unknown to me, sending udp packets from port 127
>(LOCUS-CON) to the broadcast address port 125 (LOCUS-MAP).

No strange protocol; that's the DOS Server program, which communicates
with PC's using AIX Access for DOS Users. If you don't want it,
comment out the 'pci' lines in rc.include (I assume that is what it's
called in AIX 1.1; I use 2.2.1).

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC
Internet/ARPAnet/EDUnet  : resnick at cogsci.uiuc.edu
BITNET (if no other way) : FREE0285 at UIUCVMD