Motif GUI-builder?

Dale Hubler hubler at galaxy.lerc.nasa.gov
Sat Mar 30 14:29:58 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar28.165033.21930 at alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca> system at aurum.chem.utoronto.ca (System Admin (Mike Peterson)) writes:
>Does anyone know of a Motif GUI-biulder package that runs on Apollo, SGI
>or IBM RS/6000?
>--
>Mike Peterson, System Administrator, U/Toronto Department of Chemistry
>E-mail: system at alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca
>Tel: (416) 978-7094                  Fax: (416) 978-8775

We looked at these products a while ago, some of which were suggested
by readers of this group.  These are all for the RS6000.

IBM - They are working on a product but it is not yet available.  We
      could not get much info on this on eyet.

TeleUSE  -  An interesting and expensive product.  It runs on a number
of different platforms, including RS6000 and Sun.  Kind of strange to
see the motif look on the Sun for the first time.  Programming is
done in a rule based language they call D.  It outputs C code, that
makes it attractive for portability.

ezX - requires a run-time library for other machines that need to run
the executable.  I believe this can be exported freely, but I am not
100% sure.

XBuild - writes C code directly, code is portable without requiring
run-time libraries, source code is available for additional $'s.

XFaceMaker2 - Programming is done in a proprietary language, but
there is a C code generation option, requires libraries.

These are the only products we've found that will run on the RS6000 and
generate a motif interface.   If you would like vendor names and
addresses I am sure I can dig them up.  Another member of our group
took a closer look and can provide more detailed information if
needed.  Some of the above comments are his, in fact.

--
Dale A. Hubler  --  Sverdrup Technology  --  (216) 977-7014
                                             hubler at galaxy.lerc.nasa.gov
Try Eggo brand Common Sense Oat Bran frozen waffles, it's the health
food of the 90's