saving windows layout

Paul Hays paulh at cognos.UUCP
Thu Mar 21 11:00:03 AEST 1991

With the motif window manager and X windows, AIX lets me organize
the initial layout of icons and windows using files .Xdefaults and
 .xinitrc, to some extent. However, I'm having trouble figuring out
how to tell xinit that

    o the xclock and xbiff icons should have no decorations
    o the info program and desktop program should initially be
      icons rather than open windows
    o one aixterm window should log on to a specified remote
      machine during initialization

I'm using AIX 3.1 rev 3003 on a model 320 workstation with a
6091 display.

Excuse me if the question seems silly or the answer is obvious;
I'm new to AIX and windows.
This sort of thing is easy using SUN's window manager. I can't
get the info explorer to divulge how or whether it's possible on AIX.

Anybody?
--
Paul Hays                Cognos Incorporated     S-mail: P.O. Box 9707
Voice: (613) 738-1338 ext 3804                           3755 Riverside Drive