AIX 1.2 for PS/2 and Boca serial card ? Won't work.

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Wed Mar 27 04:21:02 AEST 1991

In article <24972 at hydra.gatech.EDU> hh2 at prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) writes:
>Is there any way to use a Boca Serial/Par card under AIX 1.2 for the
>PS/2? I have a model 80 running AIX 1.2 (at CSU 1009) with the Boca
>card (2 ser., 1 par.). The card is recognized fine by the NVRAM and
>by DOS, but when I run AIX "devices", it says all I have is s1, the
>planar serial port.

New hardware generally means new device drivers, unless it 'looks' like
something the system already knows about. I am not familiar with this
particular card but I suspect that it will not work without a new driver
to support it. I would suggest you talk to the vendor who supplied the
hardware. There is also some sort of official list of supported hardware
somewhere, although I haven't seen it, you might check if this card is
on this list.

Disclaimer: I only work here, I don't speak for the company.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM