"Exit" from mwm

Ivan Maldonado ivan%nepjt at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 27 10:43:23 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar26.134746.2573 at news.larc.nasa.gov>
jcburt at ipsun.larc.nasa.gov (John Burton) writes:
> From: jcburt at ipsun.larc.nasa.gov (John Burton)
> Newsgroups: comp.unix.aix
> Date: 26 Mar 91 13:47:46 GMT
> Sender: news at news.larc.nasa.gov (USENET Network News)

> In article <IVAN%NEPJT.91Mar25152931 at nepjt.ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>
> ivan at nepjt.ncsu.edu (Ivan Maldonado) writes:
> >>In article <KQPFH0S at linac.fnal.gov>
> >>looi at sutro.SFSU.EDU (W. W. Looi) writes:
> >> I'm new to AIX environment. I wonder if there is a way to "elegantly"
> >> exit from mwm and return to either login or console screen without
> >> resorting to CTRL-ALT-Backspace? I was told that "xstop" will do the
> >> job, but I don't seem to be able to locate it. Worst yet, it's not
> >> documented anywhere in the manual. *sigh*
> >
> >Hi, sometime a long time ago somebody showed me how to do what I think
> >you need to do.  Try the following (I assume you have root privilege):
> >
> >look for the file /usr/lib/X11/system.mwmrc

Or as others suggested make your own personal copy $HOME/.mwmrc.

:
:
> | John Burton                                                        |

John & Others,

The above procedure will work so long you start "X" through the command:

open xinit

This supposedly sets all the "X" processes under the parent process
"mwm", so that the "f.quit_mwm" step will kill all its "X" babies.
It works just fine on our risc's..

-Ivan

 | Guillermo Ivan Maldonado        |  Internet: ivan at nepjt.ncsu.edu    |
 | Dept. of Nuclear Engineering    |  BITNET  : maldonado at ncsune       |
 | North Carolina State University |-------------------------------------
 | NCSU Box # 7909                 |   ... que viva el ECUADOR!!       |
 | Raleigh. NC 27695-7909          |     ..How many jobs ya' got MON!? |