Why don't processes kill when disconnected (AIX3.1.3003)?

Jim Shaffer jjs at heart.austin.ibm.com
Fri Mar 15 06:12:41 AEST 1991

In article <10602 at ncar.ucar.edu> root at acd.uucp writes:
>Some have speculated to me that this is a problem with /bin/csh.  One person
>wrote to say that the problem has been fixed with AIX3.1.5 which was
>announced and scheduled to ship March 22.  Until then I guess we get to
>keep killing processes by hand -- I haven't tried to run processes under
>any of the other shells to see if we have a similar problem.  Thanks.  --Tim

As far as I know this is a csh problem only.  The problem with csh
was that it didn't kill foreground children when it received a
SIGHUP.  It seems to be fixed in 3.1.5.

Jim Shaffer
cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!morse.austin.ibm.com!jjs

"Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends -- tell me where to
get more wax!!"