More AMIX stuff

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Fri Apr 26 05:35:43 AEST 1991

	Sort of a hodgepodge of stuff here:

	1) The Last login message seems to chop off machine names at
	   14 or so characters, kinda annoying but 386 R4 does it too
	   so it's a generic kind of thing.

	2) Is there an automatic screen blankjer in the kernel and how
	   do I activate it if there is? I will be running X11R4 once
	   it comes out but for now I have to turn on and off the monitor
	   which I'd rather not do if I don't have to.

	3) What's the difference between the fd0 and fd0f devices, I notice
	   the formatting examples use fd0f so is that the formatting device
	   and fd0 what I use for mounting and other floppy operations?
	   Can 1.1 do 1.2M or 1.44M floppys? If so, what device do I
	   have to use?

	4) Whilst poking around with crash I notice reference to a xnamfs,
	   is this a Xenix file system hack? Just curious...

	5) Is there any way to tune the 1.1 kernel through patching or
	   something? Don't know how the data spaces could be futtsed
	   without relinking but, I thoughtI'd ask anyways.

		-Rob

Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)
Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020