1.1 and the ufs file system

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Sat Apr 27 13:52:00 AEST 1991

	This is AMIX 1.1:

	OK, now that I made my custom install disk so that I can partition
	my disk the way I want it partitioned, what BAD things are going
	to happen to me if I use the ufs file system on a non-root filesystem
	partition, i.e. /home is a seperate partition and I want to
	use ufs for it.

	I did some experiments with a ufs filesystem on a floppy and I
	couldn't make anything bad happen. I tried make, cpio, find
	symlinks and every possible way to try to break the filesystem
	and it still hummed along just ducky.

	Is there a danger in using the ufs filesystem on a filesystem
	that is NOT the root filesystem? All the other partitions, /
	and /var, will be s5 filesystems.

		-Rob

Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)
Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020