What commercial end-user applications are exist NOW for the A3000UX?

Jerry Heyman zebr360 at ut-emx.uucp
Mon Apr 1 13:15:01 AEST 1991

In article <jac.670323271 at sundance> jac at gandalf.llnl.gov (James A. Crotinger) writes:
>schweige at aldebaran.cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeffrey M. Schweiger) writes:
>> Comeau Computing has stated that they have ported their C++ 2.1 to the
>> A3000UX.
>
>  That's kind of interesting. The A3000UX will have a better C++ environment
>  that AmigaDOS.

Not true.  I talked to Comeau on Friday (concerning availability of their
C++ for IBM RISC System/6000) and asked about the Amiga port.  They said that
it was available for BOTH AmigaDos and A3000UX.  The price they quoted me
was $250 (US), with the caveat that you need the Lattice Compiler for the
AmigaDos version.

Anyone want to speculate as to the requirement of the Lattice/SAS C compiler
requirement?

I don't represent Comeau (and have no vested interest in the company), I'm
just repeating what I was told last Friday

>> Jeff Schweiger
>
>  Jim
>--
>James A. Crotinger     Lawrence Livermore Natl Lab // The above views

jerry

--
Jerry Heyman                  by day: IBM PSP, AIX Development
zebr360 at emx.utexas.edu        by nite: Adjunct Lecturer at St. Edward's Univ.

*All comments are my own and should not be construed to represent any one else