What commercial end-user applications are exist NOW for the A300

Travis Bissett tbissett at nstar.rn.com
Tue Apr 2 11:33:27 AEST 1991

zebr360 at ut-emx.uucp (Jerry Heyman) writes:

> Not true.  I talked to Comeau on Friday (concerning availability of their
> C++ for IBM RISC System/6000) and asked about the Amiga port.  They said that
> it was available for BOTH AmigaDos and A3000UX.  The price they quoted me
> was $250 (US), with the caveat that you need the Lattice Compiler for the
> AmigaDos version.
>
> Anyone want to speculate as to the requirement of the Lattice/SAS C compiler
> requirement?

My guess is that Comeau found it expedient to use a pre-existing set of
library and header files -- e.g. the Lattice libraries. I base this guess on
a case of parallel evolution in the Xenix world, where you STILL need the
SCO Software Development System even if you are using Gnu CC or C++, because
the libraries and includes just haven't been Gnu-ified yet.

Sound like a reasonable hypothesis?

--
Travis Bissett                       NSTAR conferencing site 219-289-0287
internet: tbissett at nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines