Floppies under Ami Unix

Travis Bissett tbissett at nstar.rn.com
Sat Apr 13 13:56:30 AEST 1991

don at brahms.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd) writes:

> 	Could someone please enlighten me as to how to go about using the floppies
> on a 3000UX?  The manual says very little; there's a floppy-format command,
> and mounting the floppy seems easy enough.  What kind of file system is being
> mounted?  Can I read AmigaDOS disks (floppy or otherwise) under UNIX?  I'd
> like to download some sources from the net to my Amiga at home and bring them

I think you are referring to floppy useage under Unix. Lok in your /dev
directory. You should find an fd0 device. Don't (generally) mount a floppy
file system. Read and write to a formatted flopy via teh device: i.e. tar
tvf /dev/fd0 >tape.list. Also, read manual pages for the dd command.

Last I heard you can't get to Amiga files from Amix. Unless there is already
an AmigaOS utility to do a tar format and tar functions. BTW tar means Tape
ARchiver. Get another Amiga and connect it to you A3000ux via Dillon's DNET
:-)

P.S. I've never even seen an A3000ux let alone used one so I might not know
what I'm talking about.

--
Travis Bissett                       NSTAR conferencing site 219-289-0287
internet: tbissett at nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines