Modem control on ser device

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Thu Apr 25 16:25:40 AEST 1991

	Who has the full poop on modem control for the /dev/term/ser
	device on AMIX 1.1? Specifically, does it do full duplex
	RTS/CTS hardware flow control. i.e. modem asserts CTS when
	it can handle data, computer asserts RTS when it can handle
	data. I.E. something that will keep my telebit from blasting
	the ser device to kingdom come, xon/xoff just don't cut it...

	I spent a few hours tonight with Mr. breakout box and found
	that ser seems to want RTS/CTS in certain states before it'll
	work properly. Are there special minor device numbers that
	will do clocal tricks or other such magic?

	Will rtsxon and ctsxoff work on ser? I noticed them whilst
	perusing the man pages for gory details. Additional info
	on the guts of the AMIX serial drivers would be appreciated,
	professional curiousity doncha know. B^).

	What's the 7 port serial card going for nowadays? Probably
	more than I can afford at this time. B^(.

		-Rob

Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)
Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020