What commercial end-user applications are exist NOW for the A300

Greg Comeau comeau at ditka.Chicago.COM
Wed Apr 10 02:21:24 AEST 1991

In article <jac.670913629 at sundance> jac at gandalf.llnl.gov (James A. Crotinger) writes:
>tbissett at nstar.rn.com (Travis Bissett) writes:
>
>> We in our Amiga Group have been wondering if SAS would drop all C marketing
>> efforts for the Amiga since they apparently have foresaken MS-DOS. And,
>> someone spread a rumor that Borland "Vaporware" International was serious
>> about offering their C++ to Amiganoids.  Any comments?

I have no more information on this matter than anybody else but I would
be overly shocked if Borland released an Amiga C++.  Companies like them
just don't work that way in general.

>  I haven't been on BIX for several months, but back when SAS took
>over, John Toebes made it *very* clear that the Amiga line was alive
>and well.  Indeed, the SAS team has been handling the Amiga

Lattice for the Amiga *is* still very alive and well.

>  Someone sent me email saying that SAS is still working on their
>native code C++ environment. Wish I knew what their timescale is.

Their timescale appears to be floating for quite a while.  Best bet is
to go with what's out there until they can produce something.

>market is a lot bigger. I don't think the Amiga market could support 3
>C++ systems. [It hasn't provided much demand for a single system so far.]

I think it could support 3.  We're getting there.
--
	 Comeau Computing, 91-34 120th Street, Richmond Hill, NY, 11418
                            Producers of Comeau C++