Will the A3000T be available with UNIX?

Wayne G Rigby metahawk at itsgw.rpi.edu
Tue Apr 23 14:45:59 AEST 1991

In article <mstgil.672365055 at sol> mstgil at sol.acs.unt.edu writes:
>Will the A3000T have a UX version?  i.e. A3000TUX or A3000UXT.  Any notes on
>a release date for same?  and a price?
>--
>Marc St.-Gil, UNIX Systems Administrator   mstgil@{sol,vaxa,vaxb}.acs.unt.edu
> University of North Texas  817/565-2324   mstgil@{ponder,solo}.csci.unt.edu
> Academic Computing Services   DISCLAIMER: My employers had no idea I was
> PO Box 13495, Denton TX, 76203            going to say that.

I'd be shocked if Commodore didn't provide it for the A3000T.  It'd make a
great server machine for the normal A3000UX's on the network.

Date:  Don't know, but am sure Commodore won't say anything except "soon."
Price:  Probably about the same amount difference between the A3000-25/100
        and the A3000UX-B.  (Unless they add a bigger hard drive and/or
        more RAM, which would be a good idea.)  As I haven't even heard of
        a price for the A3000T (except in DM), I couldn't even guess approx.
        how much, except that it'll be more than a poor student, like me,
        can afford.

    Ich mag ein Amiga 4000T        Wayne Rigby
    mit 1 GB RAM und 1 TB HD       Computer and Systems Engineer (in training)
    und und und ...                Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
          Yetzt!  :)               metahawk at rpi.edu