Amiga 3000UX, X, OpenLook, Motif, Color, A2410, Etc. (somewhat long)

Andy Finkel andy at cbmvax.commodore.com
Tue Apr 9 08:50:34 AEST 1991

In article <dillon.6209 at overload.Berkeley.CA.US> dillon at overload.Berkeley.CA.US (Matthew Dillon) writes:
>    why not have an A1000 kickstart which kicks a dummy 1.3 OS which then
>    does nothing more than load another 512K (2.0) off the floppy?  As far
>    as the user is concerned, it would LOOK the same (stick in a 2.0
>    kickstart and it goes), just take longer.
>
>    The 512K could go into *normal* ram so it's contiguous.  I guess
>    you'd have to write off the WCS since, it seems, to leave it
>    write-enabled also leaves the boot rom mapped.
>
>				    -Matt

We could do that; and then addmen the f80000 ram;  however, since we
needed to develop the technology to split the kickstart rom into
two pieces anyway, for compatibility with some games, it might
be better to put part of the kickstart in the kickstart WCS.

		andy
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

 "To finish the project, all we need is a derranged programmer", said Master Li.
 "It is fortunate indeed that we are blessed with an overabundance."