What version of SVR4 is 1.1?

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Tue Apr 16 07:13:14 AEST 1991

	Is Amiga UNIX 1.1 R4 version 1.0 or R4 version 2.0? I.e. does it have
	the fixes and "enhancements" that were in version 2.0 of the
	UNIX source? Do 386 and M68k version numbers mean the same thing?
	I.e. version 2.0 of the UNIX sources for 386 had ALOT of fixes
	over version 1.0, I assume this was in source code so it is applicable
	to the M68k source as well?

	Is 2.0 Amiga UNIX based on System V Release 4.0 version 2.0 and
	1.1 Amiga UNIX based on System V Release 4.0 version 1.x? Can
	I look forward to seeing all the bugs that drove me nutts in 386
	System V Release 4.0 version 1.x show up in Amiga UNIX 1.1 and 2.0?
	Supposedly additional fixes beyond version 2.0 are being put in
	the 386 R4's. Will Amiga UNIX have these fixes as well or is it
	an island all to itself that can't take advantage of fixes made
	in the 386 source code relm?

	The 2.0 and 1.x designations in Amiga UNIX made me curious if
	these were the Release 4.0 version numbers or not.

	Inquiring minds want to know...

		-Rob

Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)
Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020