What version of SVR4 is 1.1?

David Fields dfields at radium.urbana.mcd.mot.com
Thu Apr 18 04:32:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr15.211314.4989 at digibd.com>, rhealey at digibd.com (Rob
Healey) writes:

|>	Is Amiga UNIX 1.1 R4 version 1.0 or R4 version 2.0? I.e. does it have
|>	the fixes and "enhancements" that were in version 2.0 of the
|>	UNIX source? Do 386 and M68k version numbers mean the same thing?
|>	I.e. version 2.0 of the UNIX sources for 386 had ALOT of fixes
|>	over version 1.0, I assume this was in source code so it is applicable
|>	to the M68k source as well?

I can't speak for Commodore (or any one but myself for that matter)
but I've heard that the USL will not be making the version numbers for
even the reference ports to different architectures be consistent.
So i386R4.0.2 != 68kR4.0.2.  I don't know where C= is at but given
the amount of work to upgrade the entire source base I doubt that
they have upgraded to 4.0.2 let alone 4.0.3.

I'm not sure what you mean by "source code" in your last statement
but I wouldn't assume that all the source is portable or that all
the bug fixes will work on all architectures.

Dave Fields // Motorola Computer Group // dfields at urbana.mcd.mot.com