license number

Richard Buck buck at amix.commodore.com
Fri Apr 12 08:07:36 AEST 1991

ahh at moji.uucp (Andy Heffernan) writes:
> 	I would like to upgrade to 1.1 (actually anything later than Beta3j),
> 	but the upgrade form asks me for my software license number.

Ugh.  How embarrassing.  Don't quote me on this, but it's all a mistake.
Somebody wasn't quite sure how to go about offering upgrades, so he made
up this odd little form.  We didn't have the sense - or the authority - to
stop him.  You don't need the form.  Sending it in isn't likely to help you
any - no one knows what to do with it.  What you need is to find someone
here who knows how to send out an upgrade and is allowed to.  There aren't
very many such people yet; the people who are most likely to help are the
dealer who sold you beta3j and the UNIX product manager, Jesse Bornfreund
(jesseb at commodore.com, 215 344 3803).  Jesse and the marketing coordinator,
Dawn Phelps (215 431 9203), try very hard to be helpful.

If you're in the university program, you can contact Paul Calkin (Director
of Education Marketing).  If you're not, your dealer should handle your
upgrade.  If you don't have a dealer or a university contact, you shouldn't
have beta3j, and you're not likely to get a free upgrade to 1.1.

BTW, 2.0 isn't that far off.  You might want to upgrade directly to 2.0,
since it could take a little while for you to make contact with the right
people to get your upgrade.

> Thanks.
>
> --
> $BJ8;z(J		Andy Heffernan
> 			ahh at moji.uucp (uunet!glyph!moji!ahh)

In general:

We're getting lots of calls from people who want to buy 3000UX systems or
get upgrades to 1.1.  We in engineering can't help you, and the dealer
network is not yet working properly.  There are some really excellent
Amiga UNIX dealers out there, but most of you can't find them.  If you
want real information on Amiga UNIX (versions 1.1 and 2.0), try calling
Dawn or Jesse.  They're busy, but they generally know who to call
to get things done.

--
		Don't tell me to relax; tension is what's holding me together.
		Richard Buck, (215) 344-3019, buck at amix.commodore.com  (3/91)