Amiga 3000UX, X, OpenLook, Motif, Color, A2410, Etc. (somewhat long)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Sat Apr 6 05:25:43 AEST 1991

In article <20384 at cbmvax.commodore.com> jesup at cbmvax.commodore.com (Randell Jesup) writes:
> In article <3KHASM9 at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> >My Amiga 1000 is still, as of today, "current". And I haven't done anything
> >to it. I'll have to do the first upgrade, five years later, when 2.0 comes
> >out. Not bad.

> 	You don't _have_ to.  You could get a kickstart eliminator and plug
> an A2000 2.0 rom into it (I think it has two rom sockets, so you could pop
> a 1.3 in there too if you care).

That's the sort of thing I was referring to when I used the word "upgrade".
When I say I haven't done anything to it, it doesn't have so much as a single
chip that wasn't in it when it left the loading dock at Commodore.

(I've already bought a 3000, back in August. Hey, what's the word on this
 new warranty for older "professional" Amigas? I'm getting mixed signals.)

I would have preferred an official 1000 kickstart disk, though, if you don't
mind a brief foray into fantasy mode...
Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com