Amiga 3000UX, X, OpenLook, Motif, Color, A2410, Etc. (somewhat long)

Robert B. Pegram pegram at kira.UUCP
Thu Apr 4 09:14:14 AEST 1991

> Hey, you have any idea how many victims were persuaded to buy Atari STs
> instead of Amigas because of how long it took them to start shipping
> boxes? If they hadn't shipped *something* we'd be running TOS now.

					Doubt it. 8-)
> --
> Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com
> +1 713 274 5180.  'U`  "Have you hugged your wolf today?"
							^Yup both of them 8-).

Hey Peter, I bought my Atari for the crisp mono display and the 68K -
the Ami of the day ('85) gave me a headache when viewing text.  I
didn't see why I needed multitasking - I learned! - and I didn't like
the way workbench and Amiga apps looked.  I also heard horror stories
about the shell (shouldn't have listened to those 8-).

Most all of this has been fixed now, send flames to .advocacy ok?  In
any case, I've had to do less to my Atari to keep current than I would
have if I had gotten a 1000 - rather a sad commentary on Atari and
Commodore both, for different reasons.

When I consider upgrading, I get a headache still, since my options
either lack software, and/or have architectural limitations that bug
me.  I have a list of them for the Amiga too, it's not just Ataris,
Macs and especially IBM clones that are outdated and saddled with
hardware or software decisions that aged too quickly.

Trying to show the other side,
				Bob Pegram

pegram at griffin.uvm.edu
	or