Decent Unix Editors!!

Jerry Heyman zebr360 at ut-emx.uucp
Sat Apr 20 13:23:37 AEST 1991

In article <846.280ca9ab at vger.nsu.edu> g_harrison at vger.nsu.edu (George C. Harrison, Norfolk State University) writes:

>     Does anyone know of a "decent" program (ascii) editor for Unix (SYS V REV.
>4).  By "decent" I mean anything that is not vi or emacs or versions thereof!

I just spent a couple of days porting CRISP (Rev 1.9) to an IBM RT and an
IBM RISC System/6000.  It is supposed to be similar to the MS-DOS editor BRIEF
(but I cannot confirm or deny this because I'm unfamiliar with anything to do
with MS-DOS).  The half dozen people that I work with were all 'vi' fanatics
(me included) and in the last couple of days, we've all been spoiled using
this new editor.  Its available on UUNET, but I don't have the exact e-mail
address with me right now.

>George C. Harrison, Professor of Computer Science
>Norfolk State University, 2401 Corprew Avenue, Norfolk VA 23504
>Internet:  g_harrison at vger.nsu.edu    Phone:  804-683-8654

jerry
--
Jerry Heyman                  by day: IBM PSP, AIX Development
zebr360 at emx.utexas.edu        by nite: Adjunct Lecturer at St. Edward's Univ.

*All comments are my own and should not be construed to represent any one else