Decent Unix Editors!!

David S. Masterson cimshop!davidm at uunet.UU.NET
Sat Apr 20 06:19:27 AEST 1991

George> Does anyone know of a "decent" program (ascii) editor for Unix (SYS V
George> REV.  4).  By "decent" I mean anything that is not vi or emacs or
George> versions thereof!

Gee, such prejudices...  ;-)

George> I have heard that there is a VMS-like EVE editor, a WordStar-like
George> editor, a WordPerfice-like editor, etc. for Unix, but I haven't been
George> able to trace them to any FTP site or commercial product.

I think I remember hearing about an EVE mode for Emacs.  Have you tried
querying MIT about it in comp.emacs or gnu.emacs.help?

David Masterson					Consilium, Inc.
(415) 691-6311					640 Clyde Ct.
uunet!cimshop!davidm				Mtn. View, CA  94043