What version of SVR4 is 1.1?

Brett Bourbin brett at visix.com
Sat Apr 20 01:47:20 AEST 1991

In article <10734 at mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, aru at mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sri-Man) writes:
> In article <2535 at urbana.mcd.mot.com> dfields at urbana.mcd.mot.com writes:

> You know, I think MIT (people who made X right?) is already started on
> Xwindows version 5.  Think that Commodore might just scrape R4 and come out
> wtih R5 instead, so that it will have it before anybody else?

X11R5 will not be released to the general public in the same timeframe that C= needs to
get out a better X server/libraries/clients.  Alpha R5 is in the hands of the XCONS right
now.  People always bring up a thread like this when a new X11 revision is mentioned on
the net.  The fact is that C= needs to have a powerful X package today, and that means R4.

IMHO of course.  8^)

--
                                __
  Brett Bourbin          \  / /(_  /\/   11440 Commerce Park Drive