/dev/screen

Markus Wild wild at nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 29 19:07:44 AEST 1991

I played with /dev/screen lately, and I didn't manage to switch it into
a mode, where it would generate a SIGIO when an event arrives. With
fcntl(..F_SETOWN..) it protested that I wanted to perform a socket operation
on a non-socket, so I tried ioctl(..S_SETSIG..), just to get an
"invalid argument" error. Is there really no way to get asynchronous
event-notification with /dev/screen?

As for ascync io, I saw that there is a <sys/asyncio.h> (or was it
<asyncio.h>?), but since there are no man-pages, does this work already
or is it just something "for version 2.0" ??

-Markus

PS: since I can't believe that you guys at Commodore are doing serious
debugging with sdb, did you port gdb, dbx or some other debugger to
ELF? Could you make such a debugger available? I'd appreciate that
very much... How about having gas generate symbols in DBX format, I'm just
dreaming of having something like the Irix-dbx under Amiga Unix, there
Markus M. Wild    - mwild at iiic.ethz.ch  |  wild at nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch
--
Insert your favorite $(cooky) here...