AmigaUNIX applications

James A. Crotinger jac at gandalf.llnl.gov
Mon Apr 29 08:34:41 AEST 1991

rhealey at digibd.com (Rob Healey) writes:
> 	Anyways, the stock UNIX TeX distribution from labrea.stanford.edu
> 	combined with xdvi, xtex or other X dvi previewer should just work.
> 	If you can get along without having you're hand held, I'd say save
> 	the bucks for a TIGA card and to it yourself.

  True. I use a somewhat older version on my Sparc and have generally
been happy with it. But Tom Rokicki has a habit of putting some pretty
nice enhancements into his products (like the Amiga version's ability
to print postscript images on non postscript printers and display them
in the previewer). Also, I believe that his AmigaOS version has been
considerably tuned for speed. I strongly suspect that these enhancements
will make it into the AmigaUNIX version if there is demand.

> 		-Rob

  Jim