AmigaUNIX applications

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Sun Apr 28 08:19:04 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr24.132313.13844 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cs326ag at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) writes:
>I while back someone asked about available applications
>that run under AmigaUNIX:
>[from the latest AmigaTeX News, which I just received...]
>
>Amiga Unix TeX available!

	Ummm, TeX 3.x will compile on damn near any UNIX box with a
	pulse and the disk space to hold everything. I'll be putting up
	TeX 3.0 on my 3000UXD, kas.helios.mn.org, after I make sure my
	little escapade with making /home a ufs file system works... So far
	it appears to be working but the 1.1 release notes say ufs shouldn't
	be working, anyways, back to our main feature...

	Anyways, the stock UNIX TeX distribution from labrea.stanford.edu
	combined with xdvi, xtex or other X dvi previewer should just work.
	If you can get along without having you're hand held, I'd say save
	the bucks for a TIGA card and to it yourself.

		-Rob

Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)
Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020