X config

Rick Schaeffer ricks at hawk.isc-br.com
Sat May 11 01:25:06 AEST 1991

First, I did an earlier posting that got hosed because of a bug in my
mailer requesting help in configuring my system for 16 Meg...I got
that figured out so I now have it working.

I installed the X developement segment of the 1.1 distribution tape and have
been successfully porting various X goodies.  However, most of them come
with an "Imakefile" and expect you to use a utility called "imake" to
configure for your particular X installation.  In looking at the standard
X distribution (not the one shipped with Amiga Unix 1.1) I see a "config"
directory which contains this "imake" utility as well as configuration
files for various flavors of X ... notably NOT including Amiga.  I'm having
a devil of a time porting X thingies because of this.  Is this "config"
directory available??  Or is there an "amiga.cf" file available somewhere
that I can get at it (all of the configuration files seem to use the
naming convention "system.cf".  OR ... could some kind soul email me the
amiga.cf file along with some hints about what to do with "Imake.rules",
"Imake.tmpl", "Project.tmpl", etc. ????

The safest method to get email to me is to use the address:
	ricks at isc-br.isc-br.com
I'm not real sure about using the return address shown in the header
although it'd be nice if someone tried it out and also sent mail via
the above address ... that way I'd know for sure whether it worked :-)