Benchmarks and other nonsense

Nigel Tzeng tzeng at sunland.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed May 8 00:18:27 AEST 1991

Hi!

We're getting a demo A3000UXD RSN from the Commodore Federal Systems
Group in Reston VA.  We like to run a few benchmarks against a Sun 3
that is around here and maybe (if we can find one) a dec station.
Granted that the numbers are likely to be mostly bogus for real
comparisons but I'd like to humor my boss ;-).  Could someone give me
a list of the most common and the most useful benchmarks to run on
both platforms (Sun and Ami).

If someone could also give me a quick rundown on the max data rate the
Zorro bus can support it would be a big help.  We write ground systems
for NASA so being able to gobble (and display) data at a fast rate is
a real plus.  At the moment the max downlink rate is 900Kbits...which
means that we need roughly double that.

Thanks!  BTW:  For anyone in the DC area that wants a demo the people
at New Age Computers (College Park) do a credible job.

NT

----
Nigel Tzeng - STX - SMEX Project
tzeng at sunland.gsfc.nasa.gov